The CruiseTrends report for December 2016 is detailed below.
CruiseCompete Dec 2016 CruiseTrends Report - Dec 2016
Most Popular Cruise Lines
1. Premium/Contemporary: Royal Caribbean International
2. Luxury: Oceania Cruises
3. River: Viking River Cruises (changed from America Cruise Lines last month)
Most Popular Cruise Ships
1. Premium/Contemporary: Norwegian Escape (changed from Allure of the Seas last month)
2. Luxury: Queen Mary 2
3. River: Emerald Waterways Ships (changed from America last month)
Most Popular Cruise Regions
1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean
2. Luxury: Caribbean (changed from Europe last month)
3. River: Europe
Most Popular Cruise Departure Ports
1. Premium/Contemporary: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
2. Luxury: Miami, Fla.
3. River: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Most Popular Cruise Ports Visited
1. Premium/Contemporary: Cozumel, Mexico
2. Luxury: Gustavia, Saint Barthélemy
3. River: Cologne, Germany
Most Popular Countries Visited
1. Premium/Contemporary: Mexico
2. Luxury: United States
3. River: Germany
Most Popular Cabin Types
1. Premium/Contemporary: Balcony
2. Luxury: Balcony
3. River: Balcony
Number of Cabins Requested
1. Premium/Contemporary: 1
2. Luxury: 1
3. River: 1
Most Popular Cruise Itinerary Lengths
1. Premium/Contemporary: 7 nights
2. Luxury: 7 nights
3. River: 8 nights
Most Popular Sailing Months Requested
1. Premium/Contemporary: December 2016
2. Luxury: December 2016 (changed from November 2016 last month)
3. River: July 2017 (changed from May 2016 last month)
Note to Editors About CruiseCompete:
CruiseCompete has been the premier online cruise marketplace since 2003. Consumers come to CruiseCompete to research and book cruise vacations and have received 14 million quotes since 2003. They can compare offers from trusted travel agents, see consumer reviews of agents and agencies responding, then contact travel agents directly for more information and to book cruises. CruiseCompete is a member of the Family Travel Association, the leading authority and resource for family travel information and is home to the 2016 Family Friendly Cruise Travel Planner at Travel Resources.
CruiseCompete CruiseTrends offers monthly stats for an inside look at consumer trends and what consumers want in cruise vacations.
CruiseCompete takes top honors in Travel + Leisure's "Top 60 Best Apps and Websites for Travelers" with an honorable mention. The Wall Street Journal praised CruiseCompete as "Best Cruise Travel Site," The New York Times says, "... independent travel agents compete to offer you the best deal," and follows similar praise from Travel + Leisure, Kiplinger and The Washington Post. The Street says, "Score luxury cruises at bargain prices."
For more information, please visit
Mike Keenan writes for QMI Agency (Sun Media) Canada's largest newspaper publisher, printing 44 daily newspapers as well as a web portal, Canoe.ca. Besides regular columns for the St. Catharines Standard, Welland Tribune and Niagara Falls Review, Mike has been published in the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, National Geographic Traveler, Buffalo Spree, Stitches, West of the City and Hamilton-Burlington's View Magazine.