Better Travel Photos
The top 10 tips for taking better vacation photos, from members of the Society of American Travel Writers:
- Shoot photos early in the morning and late in the afternoon.
- Move in close to your subject for impact.
- Don't shoot every photo at eye level.
- Pay attention to details and distractions in the back of the photo.
- Shoot lots of photos, and edit and erase later.
- Always show a sense of place as to where you are.
- Shoot important subjects from several different angles and vantage points and with different
lenses and exposures.
- Wait before you click to avoid distractions or to add an important element to your photo.
- Put local people in your photos. Ask permission first.
- Use fill-flash, even when outdoors, to "fill in" shadows.